Watch Aaron in the film Holy Wars

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Let's get the facts!


In the current partisan debacle over health care reform, there's been a lot of misinformation on both sides of the political aisle. As a Christian, I believe that facts matter, and that no matter how devoted one is to his or her political ideology, ideology should never trump truth. And neither should Christians distort facts to fit their prejudices.

For this reason, I'd like to recommend the website www.factcheck.org. I've monitored this site over the past year and I can truly say that this is the only website that I know of that holds both parties accountable.

Here's to hoping that this post will introduce some sanity in this debate.

No, Obama is not a black nationalist that wants to kill your white grandmother

and

No, Republicans do not want to privatize medicare.

Both sides need to be held accountable to the facts.

Check it out!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am currently reading "Alone with a Jihadist" and am enjoying it very much. I wanted to say there is a good dicussion going on about Christians and political involvement on one of my FB's friends pages and I really have to idea how to refute what the others are saying. One lady says that by saying the pledge of allegiance it's just another way to show love to our neighbors. So anyway I thought this was interesting since I just started your book yesterday.http://www.facebook.com/sarah.bailey1?ref=name#/ruth.mclean?ref=mf

Aaron D. Taylor said...

Thank you Sarah. I hope you enjoy the book.