Watch Aaron in the film Holy Wars

Friday, July 10, 2009

When will the Word comfort me?

The other night was the day of the year that I read Psalm 119, the longest chapter in the Bible. One of the things I’ve discovered lately is that when I read a passage out loud, I discover things I’ve never seen before. I encourage you to try it some time. It works.

Anyhow, here is the verse I found intriguing.

“My eyes fail from searching Your word, saying ‘When will you comfort me?’” Vs. 82

How is that for honesty? Have you ever read the Word looking for comfort, but don’t feel much different after you put your Bible down? I know I have. Isn’t it comforting to know that within the pages of Holy Scripture there are Biblical writers that emphasize with your pain? I find it comforting to know that I’m in good company when I don’t have it all together.

Maybe that’s the point.

No comments: